Event: Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) Seminar
On October 19, 2011, Briggs and Morgan and Marsh will present an Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) Seminar at Briggs and Morgan’s Minneapolis office in the IDS Center. Topics discussed at the seminar will include:
Emerging Trends in EPLI from the Perspective of the Underwriter and the Broker: Learn about timely EPLI trends, including how market trends affect pricing and coverage for social media and workplace bullying claims.
EPLI Claims Attorney Panel Discussion: EPLI claims attorneys will discuss and analyze the difficult issues EPLI policyholders experience when defending employment claims, such as panel counsel/outside corporate counsel challenges, and control and valuation of employment claims.
EPLI Litigation Strategies – Perspective from Plaintiff’s Counsel and Defense Counsel: Veteran plaintiff’s and defense employment attorneys will discuss the mistakes employers make that lead to claims, and share their strategies on how to best prosecute and defend these claims.
How to Avoid the EEOC Knocking on Your Door: Learn about EEOC trends and initiatives and how your company can stay in compliance.
Presenters at the seminar will include:
- Lisa Chonarzewski – Senior Claims Attorney, Monitor Liability Managers, LLC;
- Steve Cox – Regional Underwriting Manager, Chartis;
- Kerry Evensen – Vice President, Claims, OneBeacon Insurance Group;
- Paul Lukas – Attorney, Nichols Kaster, PLLP;
- Jessica A. Palmer-Denig – Trial Attorney, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission;
- Sharon Scharf – Senior Vice President, Marsh FINPRO;
- David Schooler – Attorney, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.; and
- Aaron Stone – Technical Director and Claims Counsel, Employment Practices Liability Claims, The Travelers Indemnity Company.
Registration and continental breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. on October 19, 2011. The seminar will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., and will include lunch. For more information on how to register for this seminar, click here.