Event: Digital Dirt – The Legal Risks of Researching Job Applicants Online
On Tuesday, October 4, 2011, Michael Wilhelm will present “Digital Dirt: The Legal Risks of Researching Job Applicants Online” for the Hennepin County Bar Association. The presentation will focus on the legal risks encountered by employers when they conduct online research of job applicants and will include discussion of the following topics:
- Negligent hiring;
- Anti-discrimination concerns;
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act and related state laws;
- Invasion of Privacy claims;
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- The National Labor Relations Act; and
- Recommended best practices for employers.
The presentation is approved for one hour of CLE credit and begins at noon on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at the Hennepin County Bar Association’s offices at 600 Nicollet Mall #390, Minneapolis, MN 55402. For more information on how to register for this presentation, click here. The presentation will also be available as a webcast here.